PREP: Film making
JCK productions is a 3 person group consisting of myself, Jacob, Charles & Tom (King). We came up with the name as it symbolises all of us, using mine and Charles's first names and Tom's second name. Unfortunately we are still in the process of making our logo...
For our filming part of the project, we used a lot of objects / props that created a sense of a crime / robbery scene. Posters of a missing girl and even police jackets and scarfs helped JCK create a spectacular beginning to a film. Tom's camera work was also very helpful as he was able to keep a steady hand which made my speciality of IMOVIE editing much easier.
We made our robbery and chase scene as realistic as possible by using the back of the mansion for some steps and interesting close up shots. My personal favourite clip was the part where the policeman, Charles, caught the robber, me, and shot me down as it was so perfectly in sync!
As I stated above, we used IMOVIE as our main piece of software and that was very fortunate as I'd already had previous experience of this particular software in the past. Our sound affects were, a chase scene, a gun shot, a boat horn (for the intro) and a background sound at the start when we showed our audience what role we all took. I was the director, Tom and I were editing, Tom was the cameraman and myself and Charles acted the scenes out!
On the whole, I really enjoyed working with Charles & Tom and would love to do it again in the next project. We didn't really have any problems or arguments, just professionalism and a bit of banter! If I had to outline one small problem then I'd definitely say to the group that our time management could have been better as it was the only thing that meant we couldn't give our intro a second attempt but as I said above, I'm very happy with how it turned out and found this project very enjoyable!
Thanks - Jacob
You worked well as a team during the table top filming and editing; the stop motion sequence also worked well.
ReplyDeleteYou will have to edit the live action to remove all traces of bad language and also to shorten the garden 'running about' scene which goes on so long that the audience would lose interest.